The Health and Safety representatives of SCDC are monitoring the current outbreak of the Coronavirus (Covid-19).
At this time we have, following the advice of the UK government, cancelled our April events.
The continually evolving situation will guide our response to holding forthcoming planned events later in the year – please keep an eye on our website for updates.
We would advise all of our members to follow the NHS advice in respects of
prevention, mitigation and containment of the virus.
Key points include:
– Wash your hands more often than usual, for 20 seconds and whenever you: get home, blow your nose, sneeze or cough, eat or handle food
– It’s important to use soap and water or a suitable hand sanitiser.
– Avoid shaking hands
– Do not attend events if you are exhibiting symptoms
– Avoid contact with any person known to be suffering from the virus, or
suspected to be so
– Avoid events if you have recently returned from countries affected with the
virus (within last 14 days)
The symptoms of coronavirus are:
– a cough
– a high temperature
– shortness of breath
But these symptoms do not necessarily mean you have the illness. The symptoms are similar to other illnesses that are much more common, such as cold and flu.
If you believe you are exhibiting any of these symptoms, we urge you to self-isolate and seek guidance from the NHS.