April & May 2020
Online video challenge
IN AID OF UNICEF CHIDRENS CORONAVIRUS APPEAL
There are two challenges to this competition, which will be judged separately, but scores from both challenges will be combined to find the all over Winner!
Prize: The overall champion will win a made-to-measure brow band, lined with your own choice of coloured Napa leather.
– Minimum donation of £5 per pony/horse
– All money to go to charity
– Entries must be filmed and sent to me via WhatsApp. You may need to add me to your contacts and you’ll need to download the app to do this.
– In the interest of maximising the monies raised for charity, score sheets will be returned via email or WhatsApp and full results will be announced on online.
– When I receive your entry I will explain how to pay the entry fee
Entries Close May 30th 2020
THE LONG REINING CHALLENGE:
Complete your best test using Club 1.0 (see below) which is copyrighted to; The LONGREINING UK group and used with kind permission of SCDC.
THE IN-HAND CHALLENGE:
Made up of five parts; a maximum of ten points will be awarded for each task.
Task 1: Pony to stand up square
Task 2: Pony to rein back five clear steps
Task 3: Pony to complete a correct turn on the forehand
Task 4: Lead the pony in a perfect figure of 8 around an obstacle (cones, poles, buckets etc.)
Task 5: The final Bow. Both you and your pony to complete a perfect bow for the judge! (Carrots and bribery are allowed!)
Amanda Barton of Tilefield Equestrian has produced two excellent YouTube videos on how to teach your pony to turn on the forehand and rein back properly, well worth a watch.